Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

i am thinking of visiting Vegas in April to do the typical stuff. I would like to take the time to check out some Vegas bike shops to take advantage of the lower US prices. I'd really like to pick up some POC armour.

i am looking for recommendations on a LVBS (Las Vegas Bike Shop) that has a large selection of gear and it would be awesome if it was somewhere close to the strip..

Thanks in advance

·
The Boat or The Bike?
1,475 Posts
All Mountain Cyclery has POC knee and elbow pads. But it's all the way out in Boulder City next to Bootleg Canyon. Not positive which other shops have POC stuff.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I was looking at that bootleg cayon ride they run, is it worth it? My wife is a somewhat indifferent biker.

·
The Boat or The Bike?
1,475 Posts
All the guys at the shop are pretty cool. I've heard good things about the tours. I live here in Boulder City too. Depending on the day, I could ride around with you. There is some pretty serious tech at Bootleg, but there is some mellow stuff too. The guys at the shop always tell everyone that all the trails are intermediate or better. All Mountain has lots of bikes to rent.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Las Vegas Cyclery took great care of me this weekend. Rented 2 bikes 2 days. Good bikes great info. Easy guys to talk to. Highly recommend these guys. I think I saw POC stuff in the shop. And they are less than 10 miles from Red Rock Canyon.

·
The Boat or The Bike?
1,475 Posts
Las Vegas Cyclery took great care of me this weekend. Rented 2 bikes 2 days. Good bikes great info. Easy guys to talk to. Highly recommend these guys. I think I saw POC stuff in the shop. And they are less than 10 miles from Red Rock Canyon.

LVC is a really nice shop with lots of bikes and lots of gear. Most of the peeps in there have been really nice and helpful, but I have asked a couple guys a few simple questions and man have they frustrated me! To the point I walked out when I wanted to spend $30 on a few items. But overall it's a really nice shop. And like you say, close to Red Rock, close to Cottonwood trails too, and just down the street from the Bears Best Trail.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts