Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey i am looking to buy a new hardtail its between the 09 Kona Blast $700, Specialized 09 Hardrock Sport Disc $580,GT's 2008 Avalanche 2.0 Disc or Scott's 09 Aspect 55. I want to get the Kona Blast but I don't have a dealer around here this means I would have to pay S/H and assemble it with my friend who has the tools but we have little knowledge of mtb building good or bad idea? The past reviews on the shocks have been poor, guessing '09s model wont be anything better? Let me know about other bikes with good disc brakes (Avid, Seven, Shimano) and a good fork. and your opinion about the bike selection above. not looking to spend more the 700. Thanks

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
If you'd like a Blast, consider finding a shop that will build it, and then box it up and ship it to you, or to a bike shop near you. Alternatively, make a trip to the shop to get adjusted to fit you, and then bring the bike home.

The Dart 2 is somewhat of an entry level fork, you can have it substituted for a different fork when it is built for you, and probably pay just the difference between the price of the two forks.

It is a really good idea to ride a bike to make sure it fits you before buying, just a thought to consider.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Yeah I do have a shop near me that will assemble it but i dont want to pay the extra $200-300 though and how could a switch the fork without spending another $200-300 sell the Dart 2 fork in the box then later buy a better for from Nashbar or Pricepoint, Jensen. I have also found a Cannondale F5 09 for $700 buck i think this bike has the best components Dart 3 fork, Avid front & rear disc brakes and SRAM Front derailleur SRAM X-7 and X-5 on the back for its price. I mean the forks not great but its not the worst you cant get the best if you spend the most.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.