Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just wondering if anyone's thought of making a section on this website, similar to the trail reviews section, for bike shops. Split it up into regions like the trail reviews, and then post away.

I for one would find it very valuable to see who's had good and bad experiences with certain shops. It would also influence my decision on where to go next time I need to get work done on the bike, especially if I'm traveling somewhere.

This might be wishful thinking on my part but it could even motivate the not-so-good shops (at least the ones that hang around on Mtbr.com anyway) to get their act together.

·
bi-winning
11,109 Posts
Thumbs up.

precar said:
I'm just wondering if anyone's thought of making a section on this website, similar to the trail reviews section, for bike shops. Split it up into regions like the trail reviews, and then post away.

I for one would find it very valuable to see who's had good and bad experiences with certain shops. It would also influence my decision on where to go next time I need to get work done on the bike, especially if I'm traveling somewhere.

This might be wishful thinking on my part but it could even motivate the not-so-good shops (at least the ones that hang around on Mtbr.com anyway) to get their act together.
i think that that would be a great resource to add to this site.

·
Sofa King We Todd Did
2,262 Posts
I think this is a terrific idea. I'll only be too willing to laud the services I've received from my bike shop, Metro Bicycles in New Rochelle, NY. Those of you in the NYC area know that Metro Bicycles is a chain in the area with about a half-dozen stores. The New Rochelle one is relatively new.

Not only are the bikes a few bucks under MSRP, the people who work there are some of the friendliest, most informative and fun people I've come across at a bike shop.

·
Banned
6,057 Posts
precar said:

Someone seems to post this suggestion every few months. I think it's a great idea, myself, and I don't see any reason not to have an LBS review page.

Some people think it's a bad idea, but I've never been able to figure out why. Arguments against the idea seem to run along the lines of "What a dumb idea! You're really stupid!"

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.