Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Sweater
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
By nature, I'm a guy that likes to B****. In fact, I love it. Ill even b**** about things I like. Ill b**** about the climb to the top of the hill and then b**** about the descent on the other side. I've come across a situation I'm having trouble b****ing about however. About a month ago, I broke my bike. That's so easy to b**** about its not even fun. So I've been working with my LBS, The Hub in roseville, on getting the warranty taken care of. Given its the holidays and some other circumstances with factory reps, its taking some time. I don't know what the normal time frame is on warranty issues with bike manufacturers, but it feels like forever when you are off the bike for a while.

So last night I went into the shop, it had been a couple weeks since I was last in there to pester them. They were giving me, more or less, the same explanation. I don't feel like I'm getting the runaround or anything, it just really seems to be the situation. I mentioned that I just really want to ride, and they asked if I had another bike to ride. I don't.....or at least I didn't. The next part is my conundrum, I'm finding it really tough to b**** about.
They then loaned me a bike from their rental fleet to ride in the interim. I'm not sure if this is standard protocol or above and beyond but I am sure impressed. The bike is even a higher spec level than my own bike, not the base model or anything. So if anyone from the Roseville/Sac area is looking for a shop with great service, I must recommend The Hub.

I am not an employee or affiliated with them at all, just happy.
I am also not trying to make any comparisons to any of the other shops in the area or elsewhere, just observasions of this one.
Any other lawyer stuff I forgot?

·
Birthday Collector
2,610 Posts
I'd say that for shops in general, that is "above and beyond". Maybe it is the way that they do things normally, or maybe you have such a fine whine that they just wanted to shut you the f*** up! :) Either way, it is making you happy and getting them some good press! Now - be nice to the rental bike and don't go a-thrashing it in the muddy conditions and bring it back all slimed-out! Take 20 minutes and give it a cleaning before you take it back to them and bring a couple of good six-packs with you! Happy New Year.

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
the have some good guys there! A few friends have had a problem with them trying to push new parts on them they didn't really need, but I guess every shop has to do that here and there to turn a profit.

Are you the guy who broke his rush/rize at salmon falls with me?

·
Registered
7,324 Posts
That's awesome! Glad to hear it when a LBS goes the "extra" step. Nowadays with the tough budgets, recession, et al...going the extra step is really the best way to make your company (bike or otherwise) stand out.

Nice to hear a rave instead of so many rants you read about...

-g

·
Sweater
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
maybe you have such a fine whine that they just wanted to shut you the f*** up! Now - be nice to the rental bike and don't go a-thrashing it in the muddy conditions and bring it back all slimed-out! Take 20 minutes and give it a cleaning before you take it back to them and bring a couple of good six-packs with you!
I will treat this bike the same way I treat my own, minus the frame breakage. I dont want to ruin the surprise but that's a good call on the brew.

Definitely above and beyond for most shops, unless maybe you've dropped like $6k in the last year there.
Not even close, I bought my bike (Rush 5z) there two years ago and get the occasional parts and service.

Don't forget to through some good will into a review for the shop on MTBR'sbike shop reviews
Thanks for the reminder, I completely forgot about that. As soon as I have time to give an objective and thorough review.

Are you the guy who broke his rush/rize at salmon falls with me?
Yup, that was me. Still kinda bikeless, but now I'm really itching to ride. Hopefully at least twice over the three day weekend.

Nice to hear a rave instead of so many rants you read about...
Yeah, that was really why I did it. Usually it's "no news is good news" but I was really happy with the loaner bike so I thought I'd buck the system a little. I mentioned I like to complain, but most of it is really in jest.....mostly.

That's *****in'.
And I'm only gonna say this once, so pay attention. Indeed it is...

·
Feeling a little taller
6,705 Posts
beaverbiker said:
Heath is a great dude, that's probably why. Definitely above and beyond for most shops, unless maybe you've dropped like $6k in the last year there.
Agreed. I miss his presence at my local East Bay shop and am glad to hear they're doing well.

·
Ride what you want!!
2,202 Posts
It's a good shop, quit *****ing and remember the shop the next time you see a really good deal online. There is nothing like having a good local shop and forming a relationship with them that will last years and years.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.