Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I took my bike to activator cycles in lake bluff, IL. The issue was a constant creaking noise, coming from an unknown source. The staff at Activator cycles were very friendly, asked when I needed the bike by, gave me a price ceiling, and told me it would only take a day or two. Two days later, they called me, said they found the creak, which seemed to be coming from several of the pivot points in the rear suspension part of the bike. In searching for the creak, they basically overhauled the entire bike (with the exception of the wheels and brakes). I picked up the bike, in a cleaner condition then I left it in, and while i have not hit up my local trails yet, a little ride around the block seems to show that the creak is gone.

I am happy, and would recommend them. In my opinion it was a little pricey (lake bluff is a rather wealthy town north of chicago), but in their defense, this is the first time that I have had any work done by a real bike mechanic. Knowledgeable, friendly, and got the work done when they said they would. That's better customer service than 90% of the businesses I deal with in day to day life.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.