Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know the name of the bike shop in the mission where you can work on your own bike? I've heard that you can also take classes there?
Thanks.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Freewheel

The store is Freewheel. They have two locations - the one in the Mission and one on Hayes Street. Only the Hayes Street location has the area where you can work on your own bike. They have about 4 stands, all the tools you could want and a sweet degreaser tank! You have to buy a membership - it about $20 per year. They do the class every so often. I took one a few years ago and it was pretty good.

·
Hella Olde
2,538 Posts
Freewheel on Valencia doesn't let you work on your own bike last I checked. That all goes down at the Hayes shop. Although they moved down the street a bit last month so maybe that changed. Have you checked out Pedal Revolution (on 21st -I think- near Folsom), the Anarchy shop? Seems like if anyone would, they would, being all Anarchy and so forth.

Do you commute?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the info

I don't commute anywhere yet, since I just finished school and don't have a job yet. Though, that should change shortly, and want to get a cyclocross bike to commute to work. Do you know if Free Wheel carries any CX bikes?
I think I have an old friend who just started there...

·
Hella Olde
2,538 Posts
piercebrew said:
I don't commute anywhere yet, since I just finished school and don't have a job yet. Though, that should change shortly, and want to get a cyclocross bike to commute to work. Do you know if Free Wheel carries any CX bikes?
I think I have an old friend who just started there...
Freewheel has probably the best selection of boo-tik (ala Surly, Sycip, etc) 1x1 and CX bikes in the Mission. They are into highend road, track, SS, and commuter/mtb bikes. I like the shop a lot although they don't really have anything I can use. They are great for emergency parts or repairs and barter for beer. I'm sure they can order anything you need.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts