Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what is a good shop in the Sacramento area with high end parts? i went to 5 shops today and found crap. very disapointing. i usually buy online, but i'd like to have a shop around that i could go to and grab odds and ends when i need them.

any suggestions?

-g

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
gremmie said:
what is a good shop in the Sacramento area with high end parts? i went to 5 shops today and found crap. very disapointing. i usually buy online, but i'd like to have a shop around that i could go to and grab odds and ends when i need them.
-g
I second Cambria in Auburn. They price match what is on their website as well, so you can frequently get mailorder prices with the retail experience.

Bicycle Business off of Freeport is good for high-end roadie stuff, but don't go looking for anything mtb-related there.

·
Registered
735 Posts
otbp_nocal said:
Talk to Heath at City Bikes on Greenback/Sunrise... if they don't have what you want, he'll order it and take care of you. Good guy.
Heath has left the building and moving to a new shop that is opening downtown around 14th & I Street. Per Heath, shop will be opening around April 14th. That was what he posted on Ridemonkey.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Wow, thanks for the acknowledement guys! Very cool. As for me leaving City, it is true. I will be starting up the new Mikes Bikes downtown in April. Jackson Pulsifer, my right hand man and up and comer in the world of all that is cycling will be taking over for me at City. He can and will take care of all of your needs. If you want to PM me with requests I can order what you need if I don't already have it in. I do price match if I don't lose money to reward those who do their homework. So send a link or email to me with what you want and the lowest price you found and I will match you. This way we can end the internets destruction of relationships and keep the LBS in the loop and your wallet feeling good and full. You'll probably just spend it on something else anyways though, let's be honest... ;)

·
Registered
78 Posts
gremmie said:

any suggestions?

-g
My vote is for River Rat in Fair Oaks. Ask for the owner Randy. I used to buy online untill I met Randy. Great wealth of knowlage. He can get the parts you need. I dont know of anyone who has a great amount of high end parts.Cambria problaly carrries the most.
My 2 cents

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey Chum!

yep, it's me! just getting some good info off the boards here. thanks all!

and it's the following weekend, not this one. i'll be in SJ for St. Patty's with the gfriend, but have Saturday day to kill. Figured we could get my parts on the bike. Gotta make one more order before then. Then it's time to get my lazzy A$$ out on the trail!

peace

-g

bikerkk said:
My vote is for River Rat in Fair Oaks. Ask for the owner Randy. I used to buy online untill I met Randy. Great wealth of knowlage. He can get the parts you need. I dont know of anyone who has a great amount of high end parts.Cambria problaly carrries the most.
My 2 cents

·
Premium Member
8,633 Posts
Sweet - look forward to it. If it's not rainig there are several trails in the area to test out your new ride....and then of course drink some beer :D

See ya then :cool:

gremmie said:
Hey Chum!

yep, it's me! just getting some good info off the boards here. thanks all!

and it's the following weekend, not this one. i'll be in SJ for St. Patty's with the gfriend, but have Saturday day to kill. Figured we could get my parts on the bike. Gotta make one more order before then. Then it's time to get my lazzy A$$ out on the trail!

peace

-g

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
wortth the drive

Drive 80 east towards reno--get off on the Grass Valley hwy 49 exit and look for Cambria Bike Outfitters on your left. High end stuff.

The guys at Tour of Nevada City Bike Shop (Curt) are the best mechanicsI have experienced in Nor Cal. I would drive an hour for a good mechanic. The shop is awesome too with high end stuff and lot's of experience.

Bike blessings

NCG

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
don't you just hate

when people delete their posts after a notification was sent?

I go to the Peet's right next door a few times a week, and had been waiting for the going out of business sale to pop up. I guess I'll stop watching for it.

·
Proud lame eBiker
2,680 Posts
anotherbrian said:
when people delete their posts after a notification was sent?

I go to the Peet's right next door a few times a week, and had been waiting for the going out of business sale to pop up. I guess I'll stop watching for it.
So what's the deal here? Is SpinCity dead? How long was it open? I visited the store once a year ago or so, but the service was pretty lacking that day, and never felt the need to go back.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.