Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Does anyone know where I can find a bike setup manual for the 2005 Turner 5 spot? I just recently bought one, but did not receive any manual with it. I e-mailed Turner twice, but for some reason did not get any reply - strange...

Thanks!
Tal ;)

·
No, that's not phonetic
14,313 Posts
There is no manual. If you have specific setup questions, you can certainly ask them here. Searching this forum works very well too: for instance for RP3 setup info, go to the search field at the bottom of the Turner forum page, and type in "rp3 psi".

·
Toby Wong?
1,307 Posts
there's a black leather thing coming up out of the middle of the frame. put your butt on that.

put your feet on the pedals.

point at dirt trail.

turn the pedals in a circular motion with feet/legs.

enjoy.

there. you're all set.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No manual? Strange... Warranty info? Suggested maintanance info? Basic technical info? (such as how much travel exists in the RP3 that comes with the Turner so that I can know how much sag to look for...) - Its great that I can get this from this forum (and I have), but it seems a little strange not to get this straight from the horse's mouth, when we are talking about one of the most refined stallions around...

Tal

·
No, that's not phonetic
14,313 Posts
Not many of the boutique builders have thick manuals like the big boys do, largely because the big companies put out finished bikes and have control over the whole package. The builders who just put out frames can't give much setup advice since they don't know what will end up on thebike. A bike newbie who needs help with his suspension will usually get that info from the shop they buy it from, or some stuff can be found on the manufacturer's website (like the "xc maintenance" section of Turnerbikes.com). BTW- the Spot uses a 2" stroke shock, so look for around 0.5" of sag at the shaft. BB shell width, seatpost diameter, f der clamp diameter, etc are on the website (or were).

The frame should come with a warranty card though.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Few bikes have manuals

Exactly, it's very rare to get a manual for this sort of bike. When I got my Intense, the shop gave me a printout of a pdf from the Intense website, and yet there was plenty of things to play with that bike such as wheelbase, angles etc.

Since you're building it up yourself, everyones bike will be different anyway, so what is a manual going to tell you? All it could say is things like seatpost diameter etc, which the website provides.

If you're buying a bike such as a Turner, then it's likely that you already have a considerable experience of mountain bikes anyway.

Things like bushings maintainance is provided on the website, and I'm sure that's best as if you're unable to actively search out this info then you perhaps aren't the sort of person to be doing this sort of thing anyway and should get the shop to do it.

Anyway, a manual such as you request is an unnessesary waste of paper and as enviromentally friendly bikers I think it's a feature that it isn't provided! ;)

A warrentee card should have been provided with the frame however... Perhaps there should be an online warrentee form instead... :p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.