Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So while walking to and from work in the city where I live, I've already noticed three instances in two months. I'll see a nice mid-range bike with a host of accessories that is locked up only by its frame. The bike will be complete as I walk by the first day and sometimes the second. By the third, either a wheel is gone or the whole bike is stripped down to a carcass. Am I just seeing repeated examples of bike owners being irresponsible, or, has anybody heard of some bike theft scheme where stolen bikes are left for later??? I have a hard time understanding why anybody would leave such nice bikes so long in one place and/or so naked.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
easy

they're ignorant of reality.

here's a fun game to play: leave a fixed gear bike leaning against a storefront, and wait nearby. when somebody hops on, yell and start to give chase, so they pedal hard. first corner, when they try to coast, that's the fun part for you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.