Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for the newbie question, but can a scrub be done a bike? A scrub is when your coming up the face of a jump and you turn the bars violently causing the bike to dissipate the shock forces to the side instead of up through the bike. This tecnique saves you time, less time in the air, more time on the ground in control.

This vid has a few of them by the scrub master of MX.

:confused:

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
I think more common is the pre-jump technique -- similar used to that of downhill ski racers. Instead of flying off the lip, you jump before, so that the bike skims over the lip and less time is spent in the air.

Violently turning the handlebars before a high-speed jump seems ill-advised.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Not going to matter as much for a few reasons. Number one is that the distance you will be in the air on a bike is much smaller and number two is that you don't have a 60+hp engine to push you when your rear wheel is on the ground.

Just an opinion...

·
Registered
22 Posts
jmcgonig said:
Not going to matter as much for a few reasons. Number one is that the distance you will be in the air on a bike is much smaller and number two is that you don't have a 60+hp engine to push you when your rear wheel is on the ground.

Just an opinion...
I dont know what youre talking about, I have way more than 60hp :thumbsup:

-Dallas J

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
All interesting comments, especially dallsj, but I was just thinking if your approaching a jump that your going to overshoot, you can get on the brakes, but the suspension is still going to shoot you upwards. It's a flashy tecnique, the scrub, but it does work well w/ a 60+hp engine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.