Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do LBS put mountain bikes on sale at the end of Fall or beginning of Winter? I know the 2010 bikes would be on sale if they still have some, but would the 2011 bikes be on sale? Or will they only put the 2011 bikes on sale when it’s close for the 2012 bikes to come out next year?

Looking to get the GF mamba or Trek 6000, pending on which ride I like the best. I've been looking around for about two months and I was going to order the 2010 GF marlin, but decided to see how the 2011 bikes ride since it's practically time for them to be on the shelves.

·
Registered
838 Posts
MSN - Best time to by -- anything

Bicycles and outdoor gear
Best time: January

"If you want the newest stuff, the time to look is in February and March, when the season's models come out. The stores start replacing fall and winter stuff with spring and summer models, and that's true for most all outdoor gear from shoes to bikes, hiking gear, everything," says Dennis Lewon, senior editor for Outside magazine.

Some companies will send out special holiday items that will land in the discount section after the season. "In general, most of the new products come to stores in February," Lewon says. "January is good for looking for the old models in the classic post-holiday shopping period."

1 - 3 of 3 Posts