Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ll be flying to Whidbey Island and want to bike, ideally flowy blues, but won’t have my bike nor bike rack

With this, are there mtn bike rentals that are near trails, so i can rent and bike, and not have to be concerned with transport?

I’ll also have time to travel the area, so any suggestions for all of Washington are greatly appreciated

· Registered
25 Posts
Galbraith / Bellingham. Last I checked there were a number of shops in Bellingham that rented good trail bikes. Galbraith has a ton flowy blues (and a lot of other colors too), and while the shops are not trailside, I don't think its that far if you were going to pedal it. you can also ride Chuckanut from Bellingham.

· Administrator
12,457 Posts
Ride Bicycles has rentals and they are right near Duthie Mountain bike park in Issaquah, east of seattle. You could also hoof it up the road a bit to either Raging River or Tiger Mountain, though those are further, Duthie is right around the corner from this shop.

· Registered
Occam, Sentinel, Arcade
383 Posts
Transition is running the Factory Demo again, easy pedal to the south-side climbing trails on Galbraith. You could pedal from Fanatik as well without much trouble.

Compass Outdoor Adventures used to do trailside drop/retrieve with their rentals in the Seattle area, not sure if that’s still offered.

· Registered
245 Posts
BUMP I'm headed for Bellingham in September to move my daughter into the dorms at WWU... staying around for a few days after for some solo vacation.

What's your favorite shop to rent a quality bike? I bought my Evil Calling from Fanatik years ago, so I'm partial to them a bit. I have four days to ride, and I'm hoping to get a deal on a four day rental or just ride a different bike each day.

Hoping to get on an Evil Offering and a Transition since those guys are local up there....

Any trail beta would be great...I've got AllTrails just like anyone else, but some suggestions would be welcome. I'm from Santa Cruz and ride all the good stuff around here... while I'd be happy with basic blue run flow, it would be great find a couple of stout runs. Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts