Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to be in Reno for a few days and was wondering where the best place is to rent a bike? Thanks

·
weirdo
6,223 Posts
Blackrock Bikes, (actually in Lemmon Valley) is the only one I know of in the immediate area.
Mountain bike rentals Reno NV
There are a few places in Truckee/Tahoe if you`ll be riding up there. Pretty sure they`re all seasonal, but probably already doing their summer stuff.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not really sure that anyone in town actually rents bikes... Are you planning on riding in reno while you are here or heading up to Tahoe?
A couple small rides in the Reno area then a few big ones over in the tahoe/truckee area.

Thanks for the help guys

·
Short-Change-Hero
6,534 Posts
Yup I know for a fact that Tunnel Creek Bike shop has their rental fleet out. Sure that everyone else is pretty close behind if they have not started already. With our mild winter we have been having a 2-wheeled winter lately.

If worse comes to worse and you are planning on renting for a few days you can always rent up in Tahoe/Truckee and then use in Reno.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I had heard that Sierra Cyclesmith was planning to do some rentals this year. I don't see anything on their website. Phone is 1-775-852-9253.

As Greg mentioned, Tunnel Creek in Incline is renting. So is the Village Ski/bike loft.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone for the help. I called up Black Rock and they are willing to work with me on the rate for an extended rental.

I saw the storms. Hope its not too much snow.

·
Short-Change-Hero
6,534 Posts
Doesn't seem like they got a huge amount, last report I read the lake got approximately 6-8" above the 8000' mark and scattered stuff around the resorts and lake.

If you are planning on doing the flume or others around the lake I would probably give one of the local shops a call to see what the trails are like. Flume Trail Bike shop or Tunnel Creek Café will have the best report for Flume Trail, WattaBike for anything in South Lake and then any of the other shops for Truckee or Tahoe City.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts