Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm coming home from the NE to Bend to visit the folks for a few days and can't bring my 575. Any recomendations on where to rent a decent FS bike in Bend? I'm stoked to get a ride in on those central oregon trails. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Try these guys, I know they rent decent bikes & they are within a mile or two of the main trail head in Bend (Phils).

Hutch's Westside • 725 NW Columbia St. • (541) 382-9253
Bend, Oregon 97701

Happy trails!

Stu

·
Registered
215 Posts
Call ahead fir reservations. I work at Hutches and we have a pretty good line of rentals but it's been super bussy so if you want to rent a bike be sure to reserve one in your size. We rent Specialized stumpys, enduros and epics, the C-dale rush, and the Giant anthem and trance.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Check out,......

Webcyclery. They rent some sweet bikes that aren't in most bike shops rental fleets. Elsworth, On-one, ect. If you haven't already I recommend testing out a 29er. They are perfect for the Bend trails. Big wheels = big fun! They don't have full squishy 29ers, but with the big wheels and our trails you really don't need full squish.

JC

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the input guys. i may have to try a 29er, of course this will just make me want to buy another bike.

·
Registered
927 Posts
More reason to ride......

mtbmike said:
thanks for the input guys. i may have to try a 29er, of course this will just make me want to buy another bike.
Nothing wrong with another bike. Ya never know,......riding a 29er might make you want to sell your other bike/bikes. Sounds like a wash to me. :D

Really though, you should try the 29er, they rock! Besides, you will need the extra traction on the Bend trails right now. Pretty much everything is covered in 4" of moon-dust.

JC

1 - 6 of 6 Posts