Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
MTBR Member
3,008 Posts
Check out this site: http://trianglemtb.com/
You could post up on their forum or call some of the local shops. I don't think the shop I go to, when I am in town, rents bikes.

Not any actual riding in Umstead Park. Mostly hiking trails, but there are a few bike trails right around Umstead. Lake Crabtree and a couple others are close by.

Chapel Hill trails(Carolina North Forest) are worth checking out - helps if you have a guide though.

·
Registered
534 Posts
ncfisherman said:
Yeah, I have seen bikes in there. I figured there was some way to get from there to the trails at the back of crabtree. Can't be much worth checking out.
depends on what type of riding you want to do, and if other trails are too wet and muddy to ride. Umstead has about 15 miles of doubletrack bridle trails with plenty of climbs, so while it might not be very exciting riding, it's certainly a workout! :D

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hi, just came across this thread. I'll be in Fuquay Varina NC starting Wednesday. Is there any good riding (single track, rocks,climbs,) in or near this area?

Thanks

Eddie

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Hi, just came across this thread. I'll be in Fuquay Varina NC starting Wednesday. Is there any good riding (single track, rocks,climbs,) in or near this area?

Thanks

Eddie
Check out Harris Lake County Park. There's a decent little trail out there not too far from Fuquay. Not too much further and you could try out San Lee Park. Info at trianglemtb.com on both.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.