Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Thumbs Up!
759 Posts
pinguwin said:
Got nuthin.

you musta been a bad boy this year.

Guin, how did you make out with that wheelset you were gonna build up with the Mavic 231's?

·
half-fast rider
191 Posts
Got a set of Groovy Luv Handles for the Coconino frame I have on order.

Rody, thanks for working so hard to get them out in time for my wife to have them under the tree for me. She was very excited to have them in time. I was pretty happy to see them too.

Merry Christmas everyone, Or happy holiday of your choosing.

·
Old School
1,039 Posts
Black Nike "swoosh" socks -- so I can be like Lance

Shot Blocks

2009 Bike Magazine Calendar

Performance certificate....

So yeah -- my family loves me :thumbsup:

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

·
Banned
2,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You know what they say.....got dirt.....go bike in it!!!

Big sis gave me the Performance gift card which I handed over to my son so he'd have enough for the new shoes he badly needs. I bought me own present and picked up a nice set of NOS Mavic 217/GT Hadley hub wheels in red ano. needed these for a winter time build.

·
Certified Bike Junkie
1,747 Posts
gm1230126 said:
Your accountant rocks! Forward their business card to all VRC members ASAP!
Thanks. I know the die hards are going to have mixed feelings on that one as its not original, but this was the first bike that I remember lusting after and not being able to get. (and I know I probably over paid a bit). Already have a full M735 kit waiting.

·
He be a moose too.
2,164 Posts
J Ro said:
you musta been a bad boy this year...with that wheelset you were gonna build up with the Mavic 231's?
Oh, I hate the holidays, so actually I don't mind. I was going to be putting the 231's on a pair of Bullseyes but there was a holdup with them. It took six months to get that order straight and correct (see the recent Bullseye threads), so it's been put on the back burner for quite a while to come. However, when they're built up and the rest of the bike is, you'll know about it.

·
Certified Bike Junkie
1,747 Posts
DoubleCentury said:
Should be good as a rider though, not having to worry about the swingarm failing like the originals. I think vintage FS bikes are currently undervalued.
It will be a rider like all my bikes. I'm not rich enough to have a bike that I can't use. Not that there's anything wrong with that.;)

I would tend to agree about the early FS bikes being under valued, but a lot of the time they seem to suffer from the same problems as the early forks, its impossible to find rebuild parts even for the ones that actually worked well.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
I got a giant expandable seat bag from one of my kids. I guess i'll have to use it on a family ride, could put a cinder block in there.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts