1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
ballbuster
12,718 Posts
Not on a....

CHUM said:
no one trackstands anymore :confused:

so sad.....
... 45 pound bike loaded down with 15 pounds of groceries dressed head to toe in wool ridden by somebody who never rides a bike for sport.

I think there are more bikes than cars in Kobenhavn. No big surprise when a VW Golf costs the equivalent of $80k.

Danish parking lot:

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
I got to ride a bike when I visited there. Bikes are at least as respected/important as cars. Not just bike lanes, but bike roads with their own traffic lights.
It's cool to see "regular" people ride bikes to work, not just "bike people" like us. I suppose it helps that it's very flat there.

·
ballbuster
12,718 Posts
Yeah

GuruAtma said:
I got to ride a bike when I visited there. Bikes are at least as respected/important as cars. Not just bike lanes, but bike roads with their own traffic lights.
It's cool to see "regular" people ride bikes to work, not just "bike people" like us. I suppose it helps that it's very flat there.
They don't mess around when it comes to bikes. My danish friends tell me that if a car and bike get in an accident, its always considered to be the car's fault. Maybe that is a zero tolerance kind of shut off the brain attitude, but it makes the car drivers much more defensive about bike traffic.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts