Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey was hoping somebody here might be able to help me out...

I've been looking all over for a rack that fits my '89 Firebird coupe, but short of going with a roof rack I've had zero luck. Any ideas? Neither Saris nor Thule offers anything that will fit except roof and hitch.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I've been in search of a 'trunk mount' for a long time... Of course, I have a hatchback so that makes it complcated. But there must be one out there!

Roof rack is out of the question, just too much money. Same thing with a hitch rack since I'd need to get a hitch installed.

BTW, thanks mods for putting this in the right forum!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Most of the trunk racks aren't designed for hatchbacks, but there are some available that do work for that. Here's the one that I would recommend for that. It is ultra-adjustable, so it should do what you need. We have a few other models that are cheaper, but I don't think they have the adjustability you'll need.

Hollywood F6 Truck Rack

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Interesting rack, any better pictures?

What does it do better than a Saris Bones rack? It seems the main weakness with those it a main weight-bearing strap connecting to the top of the glass hatch as well a poor stability and location of lower strap mounts (on the car end of the equation).

·
Legend
1,287 Posts
The difference between the Hollywood and the Saris is, essentially, that you have to undo some straps to get into your trunk. That, and the Saris is VERY strong.

however, with all racks of this type, it takes a moderate amount of intelligence to ensure it's attached effectively ... especially the first few tries.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.