Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
photo.JPG photo (1).JPG

Installed the Curt hitch that was designed specifically for the ST earlier in the week. Got to to try it out this Sunday. I was a little concerned that the heat from the exhaust would have an effect on the plastic caps on the Thule rack. After 15 miles of driving, I pulled over to check on it and there was no issue at all. The rack wasn't even warm.

I think this will be a pretty good mountain bike vehicle. Not as comfortable or convenient as the Silverado but a lot more fun to take to North Carolina.

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
Loved mine when I had it. Almost got another one today. Ford dealer couldn't make the numbers work.

20130712_124007.jpg

Ended up with a Subaru instead.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Dont you feel ripped off that they don't offer the RS here, but instead we get ST? that irks me to the point that I wont consider buying the car....

waaaaaay, off topic, I know... :)

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
Not really. We should be used to getting screwed out of the best cars. The ST is still a sweet little rocket. Looks good, drive nice, comfortable, good on gas...and hauls ass when you want it too. Mod it a little and you can keep up with anything out there in the same class.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bothers a little, I know how the motor is on the boost so I can only imagine what it will be like when you add DI to it.

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
Bothers a little, I know how the motor is on the boost so I can only imagine what it will be like when you add DI to it.
The 2.0 Ecoboost is direct injection.

·
Bandit 29 FTW!!!
1,164 Posts
Really like these little Fords. Almost bought one but didn't want to drive stick. My buddy has one with the hitch rack and it's a great car.

·
Registered
48 Posts
View attachment 881352 View attachment 881353

Installed the Curt hitch that was designed specifically for the ST earlier in the week. Got to to try it out this Sunday. I was a little concerned that the heat from the exhaust would have an effect on the plastic caps on the Thule rack. After 15 miles of driving, I pulled over to check on it and there was no issue at all. The rack wasn't even warm.

I think this will be a pretty good mountain bike vehicle. Not as comfortable or convenient as the Silverado but a lot more fun to take to North Carolina.
Can you post a pic on how the rack hitch is mounted? is it over or under the exhaust ?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts