Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tire Wheel Mode of transport Vehicle Automotive tire
Motor vehicle Mode of transport Transport Vehicle Land vehicle

Installed the Curt hitch that was designed specifically for the ST earlier in the week. Got to to try it out this Sunday. I was a little concerned that the heat from the exhaust would have an effect on the plastic caps on the Thule rack. After 15 miles of driving, I pulled over to check on it and there was no issue at all. The rack wasn't even warm.

I think this will be a pretty good mountain bike vehicle. Not as comfortable or convenient as the Silverado but a lot more fun to take to North Carolina.

· Registered
7,118 Posts
Not really. We should be used to getting screwed out of the best cars. The ST is still a sweet little rocket. Looks good, drive nice, comfortable, good on gas...and hauls ass when you want it too. Mod it a little and you can keep up with anything out there in the same class.

· Registered
51 Posts
View attachment 881352 View attachment 881353

Installed the Curt hitch that was designed specifically for the ST earlier in the week. Got to to try it out this Sunday. I was a little concerned that the heat from the exhaust would have an effect on the plastic caps on the Thule rack. After 15 miles of driving, I pulled over to check on it and there was no issue at all. The rack wasn't even warm.

I think this will be a pretty good mountain bike vehicle. Not as comfortable or convenient as the Silverado but a lot more fun to take to North Carolina.
Can you post a pic on how the rack hitch is mounted? is it over or under the exhaust ?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.