Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to purchase a bike rack for a 2004 Range Rover. Any input / views would be appreciated.

Roof Mount: I am told by my local Range Rover dealer that it is not possible to attach the standard aftermarket (Yakima / Thule) bike racks to the factory OEM roof bars (explaination seems to be that the shape of the roof bars does not allow for rack attachment?? - cannot seem to get an explaination that makes sense to me....)

Hitch Mount: Any advice on which brand mount is the best (looking for a 4 bike rack)? Also, on Yakima's web site, I cannot confirm (no 2004 Range Rover data) whether or not Yakima's bike rack will fit the 2004 Range Rover?

thanks

·
Registered
60 Posts
i work in a shop were we sell a lot of yakima and the best "bang for your buck"is the slick rok 4 we sell it for 299 has a built in lock for the bikes and comes with a hitch lock also it has the quick cam so u can drop the arms down when your not going to use it and this rack as do most of yakimas fits on range rovers hope that helps

·
Registered
3 Posts
Roof Mount: I am told by my local Range Rover dealer that it is not possible to attach the standard aftermarket (Yakima / Thule) bike racks to the factory OEM roof bars (explaination seems to be that the shape of the roof bars does not allow for rack attachment?? - cannot seem to get an explaination that makes sense to me....)

Rocky Mounts has a fork-mount tray that bolts to factory roof racks:

http://www.jensonusa.com/store/product.aspx?i=RA604A00

and there are disc brake adapters and lock cores too.

That is all.

·
Registered
109 Posts
The Rangie's have a 2" hitch. So, any hitch rack designed for a 2" hitch will work. You'll just have to decide if you want swing away, lay-down, etc. But, they'll all work.

As for the roof, that's probably right. The crossbars are really wide (front-to-back)...something like 2.5-3"... &, to date, I "believe" the widest mount Yakima makes is 2".

I hadn't seen Rocky Mounts mount before.... that looks like that would probably work.
T

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.