Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen images of motorcycles with custom made bicycle racks attached to the side (saddlebag area) and vertically on the back but can't seem to find them.
Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?
Thanks, eVile

·
Crazy C
28 Posts
Six years of shop experience and I know of only one guy that has this. Obviously not so common. He had someone help him modify what I believe was a standard roof rack bike carrier. Some custom fabrication was necessary and I'm sure some creativity.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Depends on the variables

Are you riding a dirt or street bike? BMW makes hard bags for their tour bikes. You can get leather bags for harleys as well.

I ride a Yamaha 426 and I sewed up a handlebar bag for my tools/snacks/tire stuff and that works okay. It attaches with velcro and then I bungie it down so it doesn't flop around in the chop.

·
MattSavage
2,481 Posts
How about hose clamping or U-bolting one of those bolt-on bed style fork mounts to the rear luggage rack or grip behind the seat and then just letting the rear wheel trail along on the ground?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.