Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What bike races would you put on your (and should be on my) bucket list of races to go to and why. Lets stick to XC Mt Bike races that amateurs can enter. No 24 hour team events- just races for the motivated weekend warrior! Would the Sea Otter Classic be one? I've never been, but it looks cool and my cousin lives over the hill from it! Thanks for you input!

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Neat topic....
I actually fortunate enough to be going to Sea Otter this year. First time back in a Looonnnnggggg time. Go if you can, it's fun.

I'd like to do a solo 24hour race which I think/hope will be accomplished this year.

Two others...Ice Man Cometh and Chequamegon if I could ever get into either...

·
Eduardo Naranja
479 Posts
I've never been to the SOC to race but have not heard that many good things about it. I've never done it myself though. But definitely, the whole event is worth witnessing at least once.

I'd love to do all races of a local race series... that's one of my bucket list items.

I just read about the Chupacabras - not decided on that one yet :D

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have done all the races of a local series. The month of mud, in the Pittsburgh area. It was totally worth it! I hope to do some West Va. races this year. I'm betting its an awesome place to ride! I like the looks of those races around Asheville NC., I don't know how I would get there with family and job requirements.. Oh well, I'll take what I can get!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.