Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey is a street/urban bike the same as a park bike?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Hello,

A bike you set up for street/urban will also work well for park so they can be the same bike.

Basically your talking about a bike with specific geomotry such as a shorter top tube, shorter chainstays and overall a smaller size, approx 12-16 inch and built a little beefier.

Also, you will want a shorter travel fork or even a rigid fork if your smooth.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
crakbot said:
Hello,

A bike you set up for street/urban will also work well for park so they can be the same bike.

Basically your talking about a bike with specific geomotry such as a shorter top tube, shorter chainstays and overall a smaller size, approx 12-16 inch and built a little beefier.

Also, you will want a shorter travel fork or even a rigid fork if your smooth.
hardrockcromo knows all that we just made tjhis thread to make a point to a friend that is being a ***** complaining about how he needs to have like 3 diff bikes, so he can ride DJ/Urban/Park. he just doesnt ****ing get that they r the same ****ing thing

·
Banned
1,555 Posts
Well, this was a debate between me and Sombrio.

I said that 24" wheels are more suited to park than 26" and a lot of people prefer 26" to DJ/urban over 24". Would I be correct in my assumptions?

When I rode my Standard 125R cruiser, I jumped a lot easier, but in the skatepark, I preferred my 20".

·
Banned
1,555 Posts
I didn't say I needed 3 different bikes. I meant if I was serious about it, I would run 24" rims on my park bike and 26" on urban/DJ. Jeez, I wasn't going to make a thread and you guys had to get your panties in a knot and put it up on here.

·
Banned
1,555 Posts
Goddamnit! I SAID IT WAS PERSONAL PREFERENCE!

Jeez Patrick, get it right. Please.

Like I said, 24" are preferred in park because they are more flickable. You could 180 more easily because it is more flickable.

·
Registered
178 Posts
hardrockcromo knows all that we just made tjhis thread to make a point to a friend that is being a ***** complaining about how he needs to have like 3 diff bikes, so he can ride DJ/Urban/Park. he just doesnt ****ing get that they r the same ****ing thing
Wasnt sure so I thought I would just throw it out there.

I think that since most DJ and parks you come across are built by BMX'rs they tend to be easier to ride on a 24. I know once I got my cruiser I ride it alot more for park then my 26 but I guess it's mostly preference.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
crakbot said:
Wasnt sure so I thought I would just throw it out there.

I think that since most DJ and parks you come across are built by BMX'rs they tend to be easier to ride on a 24. I know once I got my cruiser I ride it alot more for park then my 26 but I guess it's mostly preference.
ok, but wear we r from all the DJ spots r built for Mtn bikes, and the BMX track is built to be easily jumped by bothe Mtn bikes and BMX bikes. so here it doesnt matter as much.
but Standared was sayin that u can only use 24'' wheeles for park. all i was saying is that it is personal prefferince

·
Banned
1,555 Posts
LOL

Yeah, I didn't mean for it to be seen as ONLY 24 on park.

I said all of it was personal preference but I'm tired and seeing things again so who knows.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts