Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Be aware of anone using the email [email protected]. They will be interested in buying your bike. The problem will be with the funds they say they are sending. The check I received was issued thru a bank in St. John, Michigan and it was bogus. The bank was even aware of the tricks these sick degenerates are trying. They will send a check for an amount larger than the buying price and ask you to send the balance back to them. Guess what? You'll be out of the money. And your bike. So please be aware.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,317 Posts
64mtnbiker said:
Be aware of anone using the email [email protected]. They will be interested in buying your bike. The problem will be with the funds they say they are sending. The check I received was issued thru a bank in St. John, Michigan and it was bogus. The bank was even aware of the tricks these sick degenerates are trying. They will send a check for an amount larger than the buying price and ask you to send the balance back to them. Guess what? You'll be out of the money. And your bike. So please be aware.
Classic scam. Its been posted many, many, MANY times.
 

·
Stiff yet compliant
Joined
·
1,895 Posts
Yeah dude, have you been living under a rock? My cat has even heard about the Nigerian cashiers check scam.
I just asked and he rolled his eyes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Scam

I was aware but I figured I would post this idiots email so someone not as bright wouldn't get taken.
 

·
Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
Joined
·
10,913 Posts
Anyone who believes that scam is toooo stupid to live and deserves to be taken advantage of, until such time as mother nature can find a way to remove them from the gene pool.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,317 Posts
64mtnbiker said:
I was aware but I figured I would post this idiots email so someone not as bright wouldn't get taken.
Considering there are thousands of e-mail addresses that are used in this scam, I don't think this will help anything.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
963 Posts
DeeEight said:
Anyone who believes that scam is toooo stupid to live and deserves to be taken advantage of, until such time as mother nature can find a way to remove them from the gene pool.
I could hardly believe it, but there was a story on the radio news in my home town a couple of weeks ago about a local guy that fell for this scam. When the bank would not cash the Western Union check for the guy and told him it was a bogus, he went across the street to the Wal Mart and cashed it. About an hour later the guy goes back to the Wal Mart and tries to cash another one of these bad checks. Somehow the Wal Mart had figured out that the first check was bogus and managed to delay the guy until the cops showed up and cuffed him. Apparently he is facing some serious jail time because the bank had told him the checks were bad and he cashed them at the Wal Mart anyway.

Talk about being really stupid. This guy fell for the oldest scam around and then tried to cash checks he knew were bad using his own name in his own relatively small home town.

Almost unbelievable.
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top