Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The following pics will show the stem/handlebar swap on my 07 Asta SE and the 06 Trophy Pro.

Enjoy the pics.....

Attachments

·
Company CSR
1,027 Posts
Recommendation: If you're going to hang your bikes, make sure the ones with suspension forks are hung by the rear wheel. That keeps the fork pointed down. It will help keep the fork oil from draining to the top and possibly leaking out.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
YOu mean like this............I toke the bike off the hook today for pics and realized the left fork leg had leaky oil running down. I'm done hanging from the front wheel.........rear wheel or keeping them flat from now on.

With it losing a little bit of oil and having the seal come ajar, do you think any damage has been done? I seated that seal again and added more air to the fork and it appears okay.

Thanks for the heads up.

Attachments

·
ride hard take risks
25,423 Posts
That's soma sexay stuff struttin there, very sweet. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

The outer seal that popped up is only a dust seal, you did well. :yesnod: Like Jake said flip it over to lube the seals is a good thing, be sure to put a towel under the seat & bar ends if you dont want scuffs. :D

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys.

I reseated the seal, cleaned up the excess oil, and repumped the fork.

All seems well.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Very nice bikes and pictures. Good tip from ibexbikes too. I had been leaving my bike at night resting on the seat and handlebars due to space restrictions. I guess I'll have to come up with a better solution.

·
Company CSR
1,027 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Those stands are for storing your bike and for doing minor tune ups right? Will they fall over while you are working on your bike? I need one for my asta that should arrive next week. Thanks.

·
Cuánto pesa?
7,823 Posts
aznfatnerd said:
Those stands are for storing your bike and for doing minor tune ups right?
Will they fall over while you are working on your bike? I need one for my asta
that should arrive next week. Thanks.
The two stands listed above are good for light duty wrenching:
Tune-ups (fine-tuning) on F/R derailleurs..
Cleaning/installing chain..
Brake (rear) adjustments (disc and rim)..

Not recommended for crank, bottom bracket and pedals due to the high torque value required on removal/installation..
Jake

PS. YES, they will fall over if used beyond there limits...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.