Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Cheesiest
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hola,

Myself and a group of people have been trying to get a DJ/Bike Skills Park in Missoula, MT. We have a potential spot but we need a name and some money. I'm trying to figure out how much it will cost to make it happen for grant opportunities. Does anyone have any figures for labor and equipment of developing a DJ Park the size of two football fields? I'm just looking for ballpark figures right now.

Thanks

PS-Anyone have examples of the names of organizations that host such parks?

·
Registered
86 Posts
is it your land?? and depending on your cit youll probably have to get a permit, and for the size, unless our gonna use shovels, and get free dirt from construction sites, its gonna be expensive. etc backhoe rental and so on. ill tr tog et you some figures if i can find my old plans.

·
Cheesiest
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info. I've checked IMBA, and received some good info. It's county land, but they really want it to be used.

·
SamIAm
2,038 Posts
so ur tryin to be a dj park in zootown? well hopefully u can do that, that be sweet ****.

but 2 football fields. that is freakin huge, where the hell is that all gonna fit?

·
Cheesiest
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
so ur tryin to be a dj park in zootown? well hopefully u can do that, that be sweet ****.

but 2 football fields. that is freakin huge, where the hell is that all gonna fit?
Probably less than two. Hopefully, it will have djs, stunts, and anything else we can get.

·
Registered
745 Posts
It would be great to build something like that in Missoula. I was up there last fall and was pretty bummed about the skatepark being "no bikes". You gotta get some good stuff for bike riders too. It would be best if it was along the river path somewhere. A jump park shouldn't be too expensive- basically some land and some tractor time. Judd at IMBA should be able to give some numbers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.