Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
since 4/10/2009
31,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I hope it comes out good. See if it makes it worth the drive up there.
This place is farther from me than Ft. Harrison, but possibly about the same distance as Town Run and closer than SWW. SWW is getting to be worth the drive with all the additions, but TRTP is too much race course-y for me most of the time so I don't ride there as often.

Since this is an article from last year, and they apparently had started on the sledding hill at least, I'm curious where they are on the project now. A friend of mine posted another IBJ article (he typed it out rather than linked it) yesterday about this that mentioned they'd hired a professional builder from Arkansas, which leads me to believe that the bike park portion hasn't begun yet, or has only just begun.

·
Registered
804 Posts
I suppose the drive is not too far for a specific type of riding, just a pain to play in traffic.
Being in Greenwood, the drive to Brown County is around 7 miles more than Town Run, but the drive is easier and it is BCSP. I still have only ridden the loop used for the outdoor experience at Ft. Harrison.

·
since 4/10/2009
31,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I suppose the drive is not too far for a specific type of riding, just a pain to play in traffic.
Being in Greenwood, the drive to Brown County is around 7 miles more than Town Run, but the drive is easier and it is BCSP. I still have only ridden the loop used for the outdoor experience at Ft. Harrison.
This place looks like it's close to Fortville off Pendleton Pike.

·
since 4/10/2009
31,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes it is broad. I have only heard other very general terms like "progressive" in relation to this project

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

·
Registered
69 Posts
Are there actual bike Parks in Indiana? With DH trails? Any suggestions for me on where to go.

Looking for new places to hit Day Trips from the ST. Louis area. We've hit Two Rivers Bike Park in Highlandville, MO (4hrs away), and Fort Duffield in West Point, KY (4 hrs away).

Dirt jumps, built wooden structures and DH trails is what I am looking for. Something like Two Rivers and Fort Duffield. Any Suggestions

·
since 4/10/2009
31,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
None of thee places exist yet but the terre haute park will be what you are looking for

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

·
since 4/10/2009
31,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
the one in Fishers will be too small for you to be worth a drive from St. Louis.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts