Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
=========
1,869 Posts
do you want to tour all off-road or tour combined road and off-road.....or tour on rail trail?

The entire state has something to offer, as long as you don't mind pavement......but if you want off-road touring, Chequamegon is the place to go.

·
=========
1,869 Posts
Port Washington to the Tip of the Door Peninsula - all on the beach - except where you'd have to cross large rivers....or there's a hundred miles of singletrack in the Chequamegon National Forest......and way more fire roads, etc. that could keep you busy for awhile.

The beach route probably has never been done, all the way to the tip of door county....Cale and Katy did the Port Washington to Sheboygan section and I know Russell and TmonT have hit up some beach up by Sturgeon Bay.....would be a really cool tour.

·
Hooked
171 Posts
~gomez~ said:
The beach route probably has never been done, all the way to the tip of door county....Cale and Katy did the Port Washington to Sheboygan section and I know Russell and TmonT have hit up some beach up by Sturgeon Bay.....would be a really cool tour.
Sounds like a really cool ride, but in addition to river would have to factor in tide in/ tide out. Still remember getting caught by the tide walking on the beach/ bluff edge south of algoma as a teenager.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Keep me in the loop on this idea Justin. I'm fairly (couple hours) close to there, and if it's not on a WORS weekend I should be able to make it. It'd be good to catch some more riding with ya :)

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
wheelock said:
Keep me in the loop on this idea Justin. I'm fairly (couple hours) close to there, and if it's not on a WORS weekend I should be able to make it. It'd be good to catch some more riding with ya :)
Yeah will do.... It won't be on a WORS weekend cause i'm planing on running as much as possible... The problem I have is I need atleast one bike rack for my pugsley so I can strap a tent and other gear to it LOL!!!!!!!!!! And those racks are outrageously over priced!!!!!

·
Registered
236 Posts
Bike Packing

Hola to all. I too am planning such a trip at Camba. When the snow is gone, the lakes open, and fishing has started so I can catch lots of pan fish to cook up for one great gourmet fish fry on the trail. I usually park in main lot and camp around Rock Lake, so one can make easier short trips to pack in extra stuff ... beer, fly fishing gear, extra food etc. Have extra rods and would teach basic fly fishing if any one would be interested. Also trail is complete from OO to Ojibwe and can connect to Makwa and Hatchery Cr. for major epic riding! See youse guyz on da trail! Probably early May-mid May?

·
Registered
264 Posts
I've got my rod leaning against the wall, and love a good fly catch. Sunnies, trout, bass...they're all good on the rod.

I'm really bashed out for scheduling though. I don't see a single f'n weekend that works right now with the exception of June 18 weekend, but I was considering making that one a rock-climbing/riding Red Wing trip. If my semester didn't end May 18, WORS race the 22nd, and moving the end of the month it might be easier. I think I could get in for something very end of July/beginning August.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Steve O'Punc said:
Hola to all. I too am planning such a trip at Camba. When the snow is gone, the lakes open, and fishing has started so I can catch lots of pan fish to cook up for one great gourmet fish fry on the trail. I usually park in main lot and camp around Rock Lake, so one can make easier short trips to pack in extra stuff ... beer, fly fishing gear, extra food etc. Have extra rods and would teach basic fly fishing if any one would be interested. Also trail is complete from OO to Ojibwe and can connect to Makwa and Hatchery Cr. for major epic riding! See youse guyz on da trail! Probably early May-mid May?
Hey Steve
If your plans change and you head up that way during the first week of June, I would love to learn the basics of fly fishing. Sounds like a great way to finish up the day, catching and cooking up your dinner. I'll be up there for the Festival of Trails plus a couple extra days.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.