Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i have a dept. store rino, schwimm gears, and i have learned most of the basics. I was just wondering how to get the most from my brakes and gears, how to tweak them, what should i do to upgrade my bike without buying things if you know what i mean.

·
Derailleurless
9,122 Posts
A good books helps. I learned a lot from Sloan's, but now keep a copy of Zinn and the Art of Mountain Bike Maintenance handy. The reality is it's become a little used reference, since there is so much info online these days, much specific to components that simply don't fit some generic mold any longer.

For "tweaks" though, you're going to only get good at that by doing it and learning what a turn of the barrel adjuster affects or how to square off the end of a section of housing or how much spring tension is enough when balancing the left and right brake arms.

But yeah, a good book is a good start...

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys ill be tweaking and fixing my errors lol. thanks for the fast posts!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.