Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 364 Posts

·
Rippin da fAt
8,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the place for your +bike to show the gifts you showered them with.
We all know that a hardcore bike owner can't pass the opportunity to bring a trinket to their bike...You know who you are! :cool:

IMG_0272.jpg
Sarge found some blue VP's.

IMG_0273.jpg
Sarge's new stem.

Blue Loaded AMX bar on the way.

I think I'll refrain from taking Sarge into the LBS... He tends to like shopping. :/

·
Registered
31 Posts
Zee cages with multitool

stem cap chain tool

grips extra cushiony

backcountry gristle strap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
77 Posts
XTR 11-Speed

Stainless Steel Hope Lines with Hope Brakes:

Oh and a Ti frame to hang the parts on. :)
That's the Wren fork isn't it? Literally just finished reading a piece about the UK distributor for them and was gonna look for reviews......

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

·
Why so uptite?
975 Posts
That's the Wren fork isn't it? Literally just finished reading a piece about the UK distributor for them and was gonna look for reviews......

It's the FatLab labeled version. The owner of FatLab was the guy behind the fork originally. Kevin (Wren) is trying his best to bring this fork mainstream in the US. He has a solid background & I think he will be quite successful with some time.

I think the product is great, it's simple/easy to work on, the lockout actually works and I like the inverted design.

·
Rippin da fAt
8,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sarge's blue AMX bar has arrived! It made my bike soo comfortable. The upsweep is quite nice. 800mm power steering here I come! :thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Rippin da fAt
8,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
EBG, that's one sweet looking Ti toy! How ya liking it so far?

These bikes are getting all kinds of sweet stuff!

·
Why so uptite?
975 Posts
EBG, that's one sweet looking Ti toy! How ya liking it so far?

These bikes are getting all kinds of sweet stuff!
Well.. I am waiting on my cranks right now. Should be able to ride it in a weekly so. I've just been riding my fatty while I patiently wait. I'll be replacing the fatty in a few months with something that more closely resembles my 27.5+. Don't want the collection to not match. ;)

·
Rippin da fAt
8,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ti Fatty??? 5.05's? Beach bum on super fat squishy tires? When you get those cranks, I wanna ride some wheelies with your bike! Oughtta be a sweet build. Congratz, Dood!
I so wanna travel to where I can ride my fatty on a beach with honest to God sand and 3 PSI to keep the tires from making a trench.

Sarge really feels good with the new bars! Got in a playtime session this evening and the bars make it so easy to manhandle my bike!

·
Registered
438 Posts
Sarge's blue AMX bar has arrived! It made my bike soo comfortable. The upsweep is quite nice. 800mm power steering here I come! :thumbsup:
nice, looks great! i'm running 800mm bars too and thought it would be ridiculous but it's rad!

·
Rippin da fAt
8,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Grizzler, thanx Dood! I have the same bar on my fatty as well as my 26+ full squish, they are pure heaven! I enjoy the up and back sweep of a trials bar and these give a more moderate upsweep which is very helpful for playing. The bars are very comfortable for just rolling down a trail as well as getting trialsy.

Happy +biker, indeed!

·
Rippin da fAt
8,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Rippin da fAt
8,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm thinking about stripping and polishing my Scrapers, the anodizer is backed up for the next several weeks. Gotta get the hubs and spokes ordered tho'.

Get lacing those wheels nvphatty! No slackin! Pix tomorrow nite...

·
Registered
77 Posts
It's the FatLab labeled version. The owner of FatLab was the guy behind the fork originally. Kevin (Wren) is trying his best to bring this fork mainstream in the US. He has a solid background & I think he will be quite successful with some time.

I think the product is great, it's simple/easy to work on, the lockout actually works and I like the inverted design.
I'm quite interested in it. But imagine it will be quite rare on the trails over here really. Might have to be me who takes the plunge.

Is it stiff enough? And do the stanchion guards do enough .... Erm, guarding?

1 - 20 of 364 Posts