Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is looking lighter than I thought..............


Frame: Trek 8000ZX Easton Bonded
Fork: GT Tange Chromo
Seatpost: Alloy lite
Stem: Alloy lite
Handle bars: trek alloy system 2
Brakes: IRD super light
Levers: Techlite
Tires: C-Grand Prix 3000
Rims: mavic 196 700c
Hubs: RSX
Crank: Coda 94 BCD with 36 tooth Blackspire Chainring
Bottom Bracket: BBUN72
Saddle: Coda super light
pedals: Deore LX SPD
Waiting on: chain and spacers for rear cog.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
zaskaranddriver said:
Spokes, tubes, grips, cables, headset, seatpost clamp?
unsure on spokes

xtr break cables

oury grips

continental 700c tubes

alloy seat post clamp

headset is "Aheadset" (whoever that is)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
579 Posts
So what you think this rig is going to come in at complete? Would be surprised if it's under 23, and if it does I'd suggest a new scale. 13 lbs incomplete, what's that tell anyone.
 

·
Drinking the Slick_Juice
Joined
·
1,809 Posts
ricthedick said:
So what you think this rig is going to come in at complete? Would be surprised if it's under 23, and if it does I'd suggest a new scale. 13 lbs incomplete, what's that tell anyone.
yes expect the weight to go up a lot, only MTB ive seen that was close to 13 lbs was Matt Kock's Ti beauty
 

·
I Void Waranties
Joined
·
541 Posts
nuck_chorris said:
yes expect the weight to go up a lot, only MTB ive seen that was close to 13 lbs was Matt Kock's Ti beauty
pics for motivation :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
79 Posts
Are my eyes flaking out on me or is the non drive side of that rear wheel laced all leading spokes with no crossed spokes? And is the front all leading on one side and all trailing on the other?

If so, can someone tell me how this works? My brain can't handle it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
181 Posts
spokes do look kind of weird - maybe it's some 'new thing' we haven't heard of yet

Very very pretty bike well done :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well you guyss were right....15.8 pounds!! But I am cheating on tires.....these weigh nothing it seems......700cx25
 

·
Out spokin'
In cog? Neato!
Joined
·
14,506 Posts
digitalayon said:
well you guyss were right....15.8 pounds!! But I am cheating on tires.....these weigh nothing it seems......700cx25
Damn... I thought for sure you'd be able to keep it under 14#.

--Sparty

P.S. This tread is worthless without... uh... something...
 

·
Drinking the Slick_Juice
Joined
·
1,809 Posts
digitalayon said:
well you guyss were right....15.8 pounds!! But I am cheating on tires.....these weigh nothing it seems......700cx25
oh sweet build man, i like the colors you chose. there is not a spec of dust on it...... this could be my comment if you had some pictures
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
took it off road for some light trail and wrecked on my first try this morning. Some kid on the trail was stopped getting a drink on the trail AND on a curved blind spot. Busted my rear cable because of it. WTF KID??!! I'll post pics shortly
 

·
Drinking the Slick_Juice
Joined
·
1,809 Posts
digitalayon said:
took it off road for some light trail and wrecked on my first try this morning. Some kid on the trail was stopped getting a drink on the trail AND on a curved blind spot. Busted my rear cable because of it. WTF KID??!! I'll post pics shortly
you should always chime a bell or yell out when you are going fast around a corner when you know there is a blind spot so its partially your fault
 

·
Out spokin'
In cog? Neato!
Joined
·
14,506 Posts
nuck_chorris said:
you should always chime a bell or yell out when you are going fast around a corner when you know there is a blind spot so its partially your fault
Yeah there could have been a moron on a horse there, ya know. :D

--sParty
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top