Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How would i go about getting my bike insured. My bike got stolen last month and i've got a new Yeti ASX since, which set me back a lot of dough. I really want to insure it but was only able to find insurance available in the UK or Australia. I had no renter's insurance when the first bike got stolen. But when i move back to my parents, there house insurance has a $1000 deductible. Does anyone know of any company offering insurance for bikes in Southern California??

·
Pro Crastinator
11,112 Posts
mine are covered in my renters insurance policy from State Farm. there was no special procedures either, and i made sure to let them know they were valued at over several thousand dollars each, "No problem" was the reply........ and if i remember correctly, there is only a couple hundred dollar deductable.......

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
found one with state farm.. thanks

.WestCoastHucker. said:
mine are covered in my renters insurance policy from State Farm. there was no special procedures either, and i made sure to let them know they were valued at over several thousand dollars each, "No problem" was the reply........ and if i remember correctly, there is only a couple hundred dollar deductable.......
did u tell them it was over the bike's actual value? and is the deductible for the whole insurance policy.. or is it just for the bike??

I just went to the State Farm website and found what I'm looking for. They offer insurance for personal articles which is exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction WCH.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts