Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
There it is, my fixie cross bike (Guerciotti) in my office. Always a nice sight to see.
But the better sight to see are Sarah and Annabel when I get home.

Having my bike in my office is far better than having it in the warehouse (someone hid it on April 1st), and it is better than having it locked outside.

Oh, I love biking!

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
stretch

boris the blade said:
that looks like a big office. yes the love of biking is great, went for a ride yesterday 75 degrees super nice.
Yesterday was so nice here in SoWi. But it rained. That's still ok in my book. Many lawns are finally turning green.

My calves hurt today. I had those night cramps that put a grown man to tears. ugh! So I have to stretch them more before I hop on the fixie. I could feel the pain this morning on the ride to work. AAAAA!!!!

·
drev-il, not Dr. Evil!
3,910 Posts
ernesto_from_Wisconsin said:
So I have to stretch them more before I hop on the fixie. I could feel the pain this morning on the ride to work. AAAAA!!!!
Last night I did a scorcher ride for the first time in a long while. I only went 12 miles but I'm totally achy and sore now. I tried not to use my brakes as much as possible, but that backpedaling really took a toll on me. I'm going to be really slow on tonight's ride...

·
contains quinine
4,639 Posts
Sure is distracting to have a bike right next to me in the office. My brain works something like:

bike. bike. work. BIKE. work. work. bike. bike. bike. bike. What was I supposed to be working on?

·
Witty McWitterson
5,023 Posts
My office is waay too small for me to get my bike in side it. So it sits in the hallway. But that's ok. All the other folks in this building are clueless about bikes. Too bad for them. Horaay for me!

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
My Spot cross bike is locked outside to a chainling fence on the dock. People here can bring in guitars to their office, but I am not allowed to bring my bike. Go figure.

It WOULD fit in my cubicle, but the powers that be think it would be a bad idea. They are probably right, I would be fondeling the frame all day.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
my bike hangs out in the back of my classroom. Funny to watch the kids try to spin the cranks and they won't move (fixie on the carpet). Funnier to watch them rubbing the seat and realizing that is where my rear goes.

·
Sofa King We Todd Did
2,262 Posts
That sight is something to aspire to. However, working downtown in Soho in NYC and living just north of the city in the Westchester County suburbs doesn't make for very practical commuting on a bike. Instead, I'm forced to reckon with the commuter train and the subway every bloody morning and evening.

I had a hare-brained idea about a week ago about riding to the Pelham Bay Park subway stop (which is about a 15-20 minute ride from my house), then riding the 6 train all the way down to Canal Street where I'd zip crosstown on my bike to get to my office. I figured that my commute would take about 2 hours in each way in that case. Bollocks to that.

·
Registered
553 Posts
SpinWheelz said:
That sight is something to aspire to. However, working downtown in Soho in NYC and living just north of the city in the Westchester County suburbs doesn't make for very practical commuting on a bike. Instead, I'm forced to reckon with the commuter train and the subway every bloody morning and evening.

I had a hare-brained idea about a week ago about riding to the Pelham Bay Park subway stop (which is about a 15-20 minute ride from my house), then riding the 6 train all the way down to Canal Street where I'd zip crosstown on my bike to get to my office. I figured that my commute would take about 2 hours in each way in that case. Bollocks to that.
What about a folder on the train?

I have done the CT to NYC commute before. Never again.

·
drev-il, not Dr. Evil!
3,910 Posts
Manicmtbr said:
Anyone else notice the 'nago is positioned so we cannot determine if it is a SS or not?

Inquiring minds want to know if you have ENO on there.
Ye, of little faith! Ernesto sans ENO? The nerve! :D

Oooh, I just broke 1000...

Attachments

·
Registered
84 Posts
Manicmtbr said:
Anyone else notice the 'nago is positioned so we cannot determine if it is a SS or not?

Inquiring minds want to know if you have ENO on there.
Actually, the bike was converted to SS (48x17) with a Boone cog, Spot spacer kit and an Ultegra derailleur. I have since swapped the bars, brakes and brake levers. I'll post photos tomorrow (bike's at home).

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.