Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to put a bike in the back of a recent model Honda Civic coupe (2 door) with the rear seats folded down & the front wheel removed? It looks like it might be possible but the pass through from the trunk to the back seat is pretty small...

·
Registered
165 Posts
It's a bit tight but when I had an '06 Si coupe (hopefully the same generation-FG2, that you're asking about) I was able to get 2 bikes in the trunk, with their front wheels off and the rear seat folded flat.

I would put one bike in with the rear wheel through the opening and the other on top of it. I can't recall if I pulled the seatpost or not. The second bike went on top carefully and then both front wheels.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
When shopping for my car, I tested an 08 civic coupe, and I was able to get my bike (medium Intense 5.5) in. It was tight, but with only the front wheel off, and the seats down it went in.

I ended up getting a good deal on an 05 coupe. Bike went in, but after a couple weeks I could see that I would eventually tear up the interior, and I got a hitch rack installed. I'm very happy with that decision, and if for any reason I need to put the bike inside (weather, security, etc.) I know that I can.

BTW: ANY dealer that wants to sell you a new car will let you put your clean bike in to check it. Never had one tell me no.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.