Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm doing some research and need some information on mountain bike height. So, if you wouldn't mind answering the following questions, I would greatly appreciate it. If you have more than one bike, feel free to answer it for all bikes or just one!

1. What is the distance from the top of your handle bars to the ground?
2. What is the distance from the top of your saddle to the ground?
3. What size is your bike (either S, M, L or 15, 17, 19 etc is OK)?
4. What type of riding do you use this bike for? (DH, XC, All Mountain, etc)?
5. What type of bike do you ride? (FS, HT, Rigid, etc)?
6. 26 or 29er?

Thank you!

·
Old man on a bike
12,395 Posts
Since I have no use for the measurements in 1 or 2, I'm not going to go measure (and even if I did, I wonder if you want sagged or unsagged measurements for suspension?). Just curious, but what specific reason do you have for research on these measurements? Planning on seeing what bikes do the limbo best?

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
Gemini is a front runner.

Bikinfoolferlife said:
Since I have no use for the measurements in 1 or 2, I'm not going to go measure (and even if I did, I wonder if you want sagged or unsagged measurements for suspension?). Just curious, but what specific reason do you have for research on these measurements? Planning on seeing what bikes do the limbo best?
For the limbo anyways. The V-type TT allows me to get way lowet than the bars. If the bars can clear it, I can.

·
Old man on a bike
12,395 Posts
Wouldn't it be easier to just advise your bike size and the vehicle and go from there, or you trying to fit all kinds of people in all kinds of vehicles? Saddles are usually easily lowered, so number 2 isn't necessarily a limiting factor.

·
Registered
479 Posts
jsmtbike said:
I work in automotive and want to ensure a bicycle can fit in a vehicle.
to hell with the bikes... :mad: i would like to see a vehicle that my 6'5" frame will fit in comfortably...lol
and what does work in automotive mean? the automotive dept at wal-mart? the drive through automotive wash? the used automotive lot? :confused:
:p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.