Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Double-metric mtb man
4,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey gang,

A bike patrol I volunteer with is looking at getting a trailer to shuttle their bikes around town to different venues. They have a little van (GMC Safari) to haul a couple folks and all the extra gear (panniers, helmets, and other items) but they are looking to get a trailer to haul the bikes. Anyone have any idea where one might find such a beast?

I haven't been able to see anything online, so I started thinking that a flat-deck utility trailer with some square steel to make a roof rack (a la car or minivan roof) and a bunch of Thule or Yakima roof top carriers might work. Anyone seen that sort of set-up?

Thanks, any and all info appreciated.

·
ballbuster
12,718 Posts
I was checking that...

Beolin said:
Get this little trailer here add a plywood bottom and sides and buy 5 or 6 of these and you should be good to go.
... out myself for general utility use. If you're gonna haul bikes around, the fork mount is a good idea, but I would add some way to secure the back wheels too, not to mention you need a place to keep the front wheels. Check craigslist.org. If you can find a wheel tray, you can always take a saw to it to make one tray 4 or 6 short trays, just enough to hold a rear wheel down with a toeclip strap. Also keep in mind that those with thru-axle forks or Lefty forks need some way to secure their stuff. A regular QR fork mount won't work.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.