Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, i'm looking for a bike for my wife. I ride a lot mostly back and forth to work, but i enjoy getting crazy in the dirt. But my wife has decided she wants to ride.

so here is what she likes, Specilalized "Myka ht elite" I don't mind spending the money on it, but is she going to be happy? Is this to much of a trail bike for a beginner?

any inputs from guys in this situation?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks

Glad she likes it, and i'm pretty sure that we would get the "elite" (she always has to have the cool stuff".

I guess i'm just wondering if i should get her more of a street bike? maybe getting some smoother tires?

·
MTBR Member
3,008 Posts
Has she taken the myka out at the LBS for a test ride? Anyways, if she likes the fit get her the expert it has some cool stuff on it. I was thinking it was going to be a full suspension before I took a look at it and I don't think that will be too much bike for a beginner. About the tires I have the Bontrager Jones XR tires and those seem to be fine on the road but there are some others out there that will get you around on the road and dirt. Good luck with the purchase.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I to have a wife that rides...well not as much as she use to ride.
And if I would have known this from the beginning I could have
saved about $500 and bought her a used bike.
But I doubt that would have ever happened...ever seen a women
buy a used purse? It don't happen.
:nono:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Trek 4300 WSD is a decent starting point. It's what I started with, and so I figured it'd be good for her as well.

It's got a solid frame, some smaller components (like the stem, maybe the handlebars) and is holding up pretty well.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
The stock tires on the myka are fast rolling tires with light tread, I think they are suitable for the street. I didn't care for them as much on the trail, but they worked.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.