Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
renaissance cyclist
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been trying to get my wife out on the trails with me more. She enjoys rides on a paved trail, but she has had trouble on even the relatively smooth dirt trails I have taken her on because of the beating her underside has been taking on the old hard tail she has been riding. We don't want to spend much because we don't know how much she will actually end up riding, but I have been keeping my eyes open on Craigslist for a used FS bike that might smooth things out a bit for her. I found a screaming deal on a bike, that the seller says was used by a 5'4" rider (exact size not specified). My wife is 5'5", so I'm thinking the bike will fit her, but it is a men's bike. Is the difference in geometry really enough to justify passing up this deal while I look for a women's bike? http://spokane.craigslist.org/bik/981972528.html

·
Don't worry, be happy!
8,141 Posts
Why not take her to try it to see if it fits.

Also, check the WL FAQ for comments about WSD vs. "regular" geometry.

edit, I live in the same are and cruise CL/bikes. That particular bike has been for sale for a while, make him a good offer? (if it fits...)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.