Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't decide what bike to bring to Fruita next month, my Salsa Horsethief or my Kona Honzo? We are also heading to Moab for a day or two as well. It has been a long winter here and haven't ridden mtn in a few months due to wet trails. So I was leaning towards the hardtail because it pedals better. Thanks for the input

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
In Fruita the 18 RD trails are smooth enough for a HT (as long as they are not pitted by cow hooves which is possible in spring) but for the other rocky trails there or in Moab I would want a softer ride considering a few months off the bike.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
I would bring the Horsethief. Unless you plan to ride pretty much just 18rd and the easier stuff at LL or Loma I think you'll be glad you brought the Horsethief. Also Moab will be better with FS.

You can always demo a hardtail or more XC bike for a longer ride at the festival.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
I know I'm in the minority but unless I was a sponsored rider that was racing for money, I can't imagine a single scenario where I'd choose to be on a hard tail....so my answer is to bring the FS.

Like Cobi mentioned, I'd suggest that you demo some bikes in Fruita. I will tell you that if you want to demo one of the latest and greatest bikes (the Pivot Mach 6 will prob be on that list this year), get there early. Last year, people were lining up an hour early for the Bronson and the new Yeti carbon bikes.

·
Banned
2,320 Posts
For fun - bring the FS.
For attention - add a rigid fork to the Honzo, and go SS with a 34x16.

Seriously, riding Loma, and returning on the Kokopelli trail had me get my first FS 29er.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.