Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am hopefully planning on racing beginner DH at Sea Otter this year and wonder if my current bike will be sufficient. I was hoping Sea Otter wasn't going to be my first race, but thats what it looks like. I entered a race in December that got cancelled, so oh well. I am riding a new style Heckler built heavy and wonder if this will work for the Sea Otter DH course, or should I look for a more DH oriented bike. I know the Heckler won't do well on really rough, steep terrain but maybe on smoother DH courses it might be OK? Don't really know what the course consists of so any suggestions are appreciated!

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,009 Posts
Pita Bread said:
Have your mud tires, fenders, and goggles ready! Not sure when it hasn't rained at Sea Otter!
Bring all rain gear...last year the only one I remember being dry..............your Heckler will be fine

·
Registered
28 Posts
i am also racing at sea otter for the first time this year, and was wondering what kind of tires you guys would recommend because im looking into getting some new tires on my bike soon in preparation for the race.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.