Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any experience with bike fitting? My local shop has the Specialized bike fitting offered for $150.00. If anyone has had their bike fitted, does it really make a difference?

Any info would be great. Here is what the bike fit includes.

If you want to schedule a bike fit , I recomend a 2D fit ,that will improve your comfort and performance on the ride.
This fit includes:
Rider History Interview
Measurement of key physical attributes using specialized fitting tools
Flexibility assessment and considerations
Dynamic saddle height adjustment
Dynamic fore-aft saddle adjustments
Dynamic handlebar height and reach adjustments
Clipless pedal cleat adjustment
The copy of your fit report will be send to you via e-mail with changes and complete measurements
Complementary follow up visit. Because you are the engine , every engine needs to be tested with the chassis (bike) on the real field (road). So , sometimes small adjustments need to be done. We don't cut corners. You have 2 or 3 follow up visits after the bike fit , on the next month or 2 , if you need.
$150.00, parts not included.
Expected duration: 1.5 to 2 hours

·
Fat-tired Roadie
18,453 Posts
I had my road bike fitted a couple of years ago.

If you don't know WTF you're doing, it gets you much closer to whatever your perfect fit is than you're going to get messing around on your own. You're likely to learn something. I saw some pretty big improvements in my riding when I got mine fitted, but I haven't had any of my other bikes fitted - just matched them to the road bike, and then tinkered from there.

For an experienced cyclist with a well-fitting bike, it may still be worth doing once.

IMO, when people pay to get each of their bikes fitted, they're wasting their money.

An idiot with training from Specialized is still an idiot. So if you can ask around locally and find out who the serious riders think is good, that's a good way to choose a person to fit you.

·
It's about showing up.
12,738 Posts
Fit is a good thng

AndrwSwitch said:
If you don't know WTF you're doing, it gets you much closer to whatever your perfect fit is than you're going to get messing around on your own.

For an experienced cyclist with a well-fitting bike, it may still be worth doing once.

An idiot with training from Specialized is still an idiot.

If you can ask around locally and find out who the serious riders think is good, that's a good way to choose a person to fit you.
This is pretty good info. I would like to add this. "Fit" is different depending upon your fleixilbity and conditioning. Both factors are changeable and will mitigate your fit over time. That said, the "perfect" fit is elusive. Further, a rider may not be comfortable in a new position so a less drastic initial fit might be used. As a rider adjusts to the postion with adjustments to an end point can be made. Keep that in mind when looking for a fit service.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.