Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just the other nite got a Motiv Ground Pounder from a friend who was moving, who did not have room for it for the move and gave it to me.

After checking it out, it seems that the grip shifters are broken ( looks like dry rot ).
I searched Ebay and Google for a Motiv web site or anything, and it seems they are not existant.

Does anyone know where or who I could contact to get replacement parts? I live in the East Valley ( Mesa ). Who is a good honest bike shop around the valley? I am not really up on the bike scene so I am not sure who is good and who is not.

Or would I be better off getting another brand/make of the parts I need and retro fitting it?

Any advice to a newbie would be helpful. And thanks in advance.

·
Desert Dweller
42 Posts
Rage

Abinidi said:
I just the other nite got a Motiv Ground Pounder from a friend who was moving, who did not have room for it for the move and gave it to me.

After checking it out, it seems that the grip shifters are broken ( looks like dry rot ).
I searched Ebay and Google for a Motiv web site or anything, and it seems they are not existant.

Does anyone know where or who I could contact to get replacement parts? I live in the East Valley ( Mesa ). Who is a good honest bike shop around the valley? I am not really up on the bike scene so I am not sure who is good and who is not.

Or would I be better off getting another brand/make of the parts I need and retro fitting it?

Rage cycles on Scottsdale road just south of thomas rd. on the west side of the road in an old house.They do quality work and wont rake you over the coals.

·
wheeeee!!!
360 Posts
don't bike shop it.

Motiv bikes are Costco's house brand. The folks that assemble bikes at costco are jobbers that are paid by the piece. You wouldn't let a chef put together your car, would you? Same deal here. Motiv and all the other 'big box' brands (Next,Huffy,Murray,Pacific,(some)Mongoose,Schwinn(sadly)) are fine for riding on bike paths, canalways, and streets, but they won't last on the trails around here, and when they break, there's a good chance the rider will get hurt. They're made with the cheapest parts possible, frequently the sizes are non-standard, and you'll end up spending lots of money upgrading parts as they fail. In the long run buying a quality bike from a shop is cheaper, and more enjoyable, and that's not just the bike snobs talking. Consumer reports recommends the same thing.

Abinidi said:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.