Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
here are a few

I just got my SyCip in Santa Rosa. Jay and Jeremy SyCip were awesome to deal with. It's nice to know who exactly made my frame.:thumbsup: Here are some other frame builders you might want to look into:

Soulcraft...Petaluma, CA
Retrotec/Inglis Cycles...Napa, CA
Steelman Cycles...Redwood City, CA
Castellano Cycles....Somewhere in the 707 area code

·
baggin ho's
737 Posts
psOption3 said:
I just got my SyCip in Santa Rosa. Jay and Jeremy SyCip were awesome to deal with. It's nice to know who exactly made my frame.:thumbsup: Here are some other frame builders you might want to look into:

Soulcraft...Petaluma, CA
Retrotec/Inglis Cycles...Napa, CA
Steelman Cycles...Redwood City, CA
Castellano Cycles....Somewhere in the 707 area code
All those suck. the real deal is Rock Lobster. of course. oh yeah and g-funk international, but the waiting list and cost is fairly prohibitive.

edit: the chinese olympic swim team just booked us out for the next year. we will be providing the vehicle for their TDF bid for next year.

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
Siren Bicycles
Rivendell is in Walnut Creek, but I have no idea where he gets his frames from.
Bernie Mikkelsen, in Alameda. I actually met him in a ride once. Cool guy.

·
Premium Member
7,727 Posts
Kish Fabrication.

·
Drunk Poster
364 Posts
Don't be fooled by thinking that certain brands are from California when they are infact made in other countries. Just because the person making the most money lives in California/USA doesn't mean that its a Californian/American product when it is made overseas.

Marin = Made in Taiwan
Santa Cruz = Made in Taiwan
Ibis = Made in China
GT = Made in Taiwan

·
Registered
11 Posts
jawndoe said:
Don't be fooled by thinking that certain brands are from California when they are infact made in other countries. Just because the person making the most money lives in California/USA doesn't mean that its a Californian/American product when it is made overseas.

Marin = Made in Taiwan
Santa Cruz = Made in Taiwan
Ibis = Made in China
GT = Made in Taiwan
Might as well include Specialized in that list, based in Morgan Hill, made in Asia.

·
Shocks?, Pegs?... Lucky!
799 Posts
Holy Tish, I'd say half of the handbuilt frames in the US are from Cal. Many from Norcal. there are 4 in Sonoma Co. Alone (That I'm aware of)
Plus the big Co's, already mentioned.
Ibis (Made in Taiwan, based in Aptos now, used to be So. Co.)
Special- ed
GT (So Cal)
Any other big ones?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.