[28-29] San Rafael, CA
May
[12-13] North Vancouver, BC
[19-20] Calgary, AB
[21] Calgary, AB
June
[2-3] Whistler, BC
June 16-August 5
We are finalizing dates for camps in Bellingham, WA, Hood River, OR, Bend, OR, Park City, UT, Whistler, BC, and likely North Vancouver, BC. Details coming very soon.
August
[11-12] Canmore, AB
[18-19] Fernie, BC
[25-26] Blue River, BC
September
[15-16] Whistler, BC

·
Registered
510 Posts
camps..

thanks for the info! I definately want to do the sugoi series this year, still leaning towards vancouver BC cuz there's so much to do there (and all the great ethnic food...mmmm, ONO) Would be fun if there were a group of mtbr girls (and guys) to meet there, anyone interested?? :thumbsup:

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
jewels said:
thanks for the info! I definately want to do the sugoi series this year, still leaning towards vancouver BC cuz there's so much to do there (and all the great ethnic food...mmmm, ONO) Would be fun if there were a group of mtbr girls (and guys) to meet there, anyone interested?? :thumbsup:
I heard the N. Van one was a good one to take because of all the different terrain they teach you on. I'll be at that one in May. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
510 Posts
mtbchik-Yeah, my bf is from WP and we did some riding there a few summers ago. His family is there and he's got mtb friends in that area. The trail system is vast and you can spend all day riding until the sun goes down. We did the mountain lift one day, it was okay, but not dialed in like whistler. I really do want to go back and explore the trails some more though! Never rode anywhere else other than Winter park though.

Luvs2ride-Yep, the N. Vancouver one was the one I was considering. Coming from Hawaii, it's the closest and we have direct flights to Vancouver. May is the one....but that's usually when we take our surf vacation!! Ohhh dilemas..:p

·
involuntary dismounter
2,391 Posts
ugh...i want to do one of these...bad...but i think i'll be short on both time and $$ this summer...:madman:

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
stripes said:
How are these clinics? Anyone here takin 'em? I'm curious because I'm really slow up the climbs, and if that's a big part of it or not :(
Stripes, when they get the rest of the website updated, look at the description of the camps, some are shuttled, some are chair lifted, you might get away with the climbing uphill.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
for those of you in OR

Rumor mill is that Black Rock in Falls City, OR will be having beginner and intermediate/advanced mountain bike classes. Keep a look out at their website http://brmba.org/ If you've never ridden their, I suggest a trip, it's so fun! :thumbsup:

·
Don't worry, be happy!
8,141 Posts
What does it take to get the series to come to a Western location? I am thinking we need to talk to you folks about coming to Beacon ( Spokane) next year.

~formica

·
Trail Goddess
988 Posts
stripes said:
How are these clinics? Anyone here takin 'em? I'm curious because I'm really slow up the climbs, and if that's a big part of it or not :(
I'd love to try to make the Santa Cruz one if I can fit another thing into the schedule and budget. Both of my hobbies have most of my summer already booked. I let you know as things get closer.

BTW Are any of you girls going to MBO (Mountain Bike Oregon) this year? Ogre's planning on flying up in July to Sisters to let me go to the Quilt show while he rides McKenzie River. Then we're planning on flying back up in August for MBO. I'd love to meet up with anyone who's in the area. Especially, if they know any trails for a Beginner/Intermediate rider with maybe some really challenging technical stuff for an Advanced rider to enjoy.

Fiona

·
I just wanna ride my bike
845 Posts
Fiona said:
BTW Are any of you girls going to MBO (Mountain Bike Oregon) this year?
Fiona
I'll be going to MtbOregon, along with my hubby (CraigH). We have friends who have gone to this event and raved about the great riding in the area. We'll likely take a few extra days to do a few other rides, i.e. MacKenzie River, Umpqua.

Would be nice to meet some of you!

·
Don't worry, be happy!
8,141 Posts
thread drift

Fiona, the bottom half of MRT, if you ride up it, is really fun and non techbnical. The upper half with the exception of the N/W side of Clear Lake, is also a fun section. The rest of it is not for the faint of heart. Idea, you could ride up from the bottom, and meet the rest of the gang as they ride down from the top.

formica

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
jewels said:
Luvz2Ridez-Black rock, some on the lower (basic training) and the trail is a shot to the beginning of the downhill trails, ie bonzai, Sickter Gnar etc
I thought it looked familiar. Unfortunately, that teeter was knocked out by a tree with the last wind storm... :mad:

·
Trail Goddess
988 Posts
formica said:
Fiona, the bottom half of MRT, if you ride up it, is really fun and non techbnical. The upper half with the exception of the N/W side of Clear Lake, is also a fun section. The rest of it is not for the faint of heart. Idea, you could ride up from the bottom, and meet the rest of the gang as they ride down from the top.

formica
Thanks for the info. Sorry about the drift. We'll see how it works out while I'm up there. I'm actually not that interested in riding in July. The quilt show is way too cool.:thumbsup:

Fiona

·
black & blue
235 Posts
stripes said:
I went to the Santa Cruz clinic and had a BLAST! I learned so much. Don't worry about climbing; you'll be working on so many different skills that climbing will NOT be the only emphasis.

Besides, the whole point of attending these camps is to improve your biking skills, not to be an expert before you get there. Plus, you'll be among fellow riders and friends - no reason to feel self conscious. We all make it up the hill eventually, right? ;)

·
black & blue
235 Posts
jewels said:
Hey Jewels,

Booked this year's trip to Whistler - Aug 12-19. You going to be out that way this summer?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.