Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After starting dirt jumping recently, I realized my bike doesnt really suit it that well. Since the tax man was nice enough to give me a sizeable refund, I'm looking to purchase a DJ/Urban bike. The two choices that I've been considering are the Giant STP 1 and '05 Norco 250. This will be used about 75% DJ, 25% urban. Price is not a big factor, as I can get the 250 for only 200 more than the STP. Test riding each around the parking lot really didn't give me a feel for the bikes, so if any of you have ridden either, what is your oppinion on them (handling, parts specs, etc...)?

·
Registered
819 Posts
cannondale chase 3,2,1
SANTA CRUZ CHEMELEON
stp 1 or 2. (3 has a trail frame)
p. sieries.
soul cycle titan/loki

·
Registered
180 Posts
if you are just going to ride dj's and street then why not just get a bmx??? i still dont understand why people ride a 'mountain' bike on the street and what not. they dont ride bmx bikes on a dh course (at least i havent seen one).

i am not giving you a hard time, but i really do want an answer for that question.

and i dont have an answer for you, sorry. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.