Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,
Planning a 2-4 week bike trip in Morocco, from the USA. Here's the problem i've got an XXL (23 inch) Specialized full suspension 29er, I can't seem to find a bike case that will fit it. Any thoughts on getting a big ass bike out to Marrakesh?

·
Registered
378 Posts
I have a Scicon AeroComfort Plus Bike Bag which has been replaced by the Aerocomfort 2.0 by the looks. That said I doubt it would take your mountain bike but Scion do do mountain bike bags.

What about just using a bike box? Cheaper and lighter. I have happily flown my Surly Long Haul Trucker + Extrawheel Voyager trailer with bike boxes, in fact got bike and trailer into one box for one leg.

Andrew

·
dirtbag
1,533 Posts
I use a EVOC bike bag for travelling air/rail throughout and to Europe. It held my small 29er with 2.4 tires (though I had to deflate the tires some to get them in the side wheel pockets. It protected my bike over three years and I still use it to this day. It has a couple small interior and exterior pockets for small tools to partially disassemble/assemble the bike. Roller wheels on one end of the bag certainly makes lugging them across train platforms and airport concourses hella easy.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Build your own out of Coroplast and you can match the dimensions exactly to your needs. Cheap (<$50 total) and not too difficult.

Better yet, remove the rear swingarm before packing, and you might be able to pack your bike and gear into two boxes (one frame + gear, one wheels + gear) that just meet the airline "normal" regulations, which should save you at least $400 round trip. I've successfully done this with XL bikes from Intense and Turner.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.