Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,
So my bike came with "Gravity DualStage Clipless/Platform" pedals. Iv never used clipless before but I think its time to make the switch. Im somewhat lost though.\

First, how do I know which shoes will be compatible with these pedals?

Second, if later down the road I decide to switch from these dual pedals to better or pure clipless, will i need new shoes? Are these pedals even worth going clipless with?

And with these pedals, if I were cliped in and decided I was not comfortable doing the obstacle cliped in, would the shoes interfere with using the platform side? As i understand it this is the advantage to dual-style pedals.

Thanks for the help guys! Also, any advice on shoes? I do mostly AM so I would like shoes with good grip/cleats.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Look veri similar to spd = Shimano Pedaling Dynamics; Shimano brande/type of cleat. But looks like any shoe out there that can have cleats installed will work......good luck and welcome to mountainbiking!!!

·
DynoDon
1,666 Posts
I have those pedals, my Shimano SPD cleats work with them, if you buy a pair of Shimano peddles they will have the clips, I didn' t like the Gravity two sided peddle on my bike, just a hassle clipping in compared to Shimano SPD peddles, I use the Gravity peddles on my Spin bike now. Some clips should have came with the bike unless you bought it used.
Shimano peddles have adjustable releases, I don't think the Gravity do, when you start with SPD peddles its good to leave them loose until you get used to them, Good Luck

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.