Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to have a bike fully built from frame up or at least have a few things done I don't have the knowledge or skills to do (although I'd love to learn). While I'm sure I could read up and do it myself I don't think I want my first try to be on a $1000 plus frame. If you know of any specific LBS or builder that you can recommend please let me know.

Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
32 Posts
tiflow_21 said:
Looking to have a bike fully built from frame up or at least have a few things done I don't have the knowledge or skills to do (although I'd love to learn). While I'm sure I could read up and do it myself I don't think I want my first try to be on a $1000 plus frame. If you know of any specific LBS or builder that you can recommend please let me know.

Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Teesdale?

·
Harmonius Wrench
8,254 Posts
You've got the frame already, right?

If I am reading your post correctly, you already have the "$1000 frame" and just are looking for someone to assemble it with some components correctly? If that is the case, then any of the reputable shops in central Iowa should be able to handle that. Rasmussen's, Bike World, or Skunk River Cycles, just come to the top of my head.

If you truly are looking for a frame to be built, then Tom Teesdale is a nationally recognized framebuilder, and you won't find any better in Iowa. Jeff Bock used to do some torch work, as well, but I'm not aware that he is still at it, or not.

Good luck in whatever you have done!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.