Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

61 - 75 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
16,009 Posts
Everybody should do what they want. If you like matching kit go for it. If the question is what's fashionably acceptable, I haven't a clue. If my shoes match each other I take it as a win.
It's kind of interesting that it's fashionably unacceptable to look like you put too much thought into your appearance.

·
Pro Crastinator
11,282 Posts
while i realize that they aren't mutually synonymous, to me it stinks of the mentality of the type of rider that constantly blames tire pressure, a suspension knob or some other bike part for the reason of their riding shortcomings...

·
well mannered lout
3,106 Posts
while i realize that they aren't mutually synonymous, to me it stinks of the mentality of the type of rider that constantly blames tire pressure, a suspension knob or some other bike part for the reason of their riding shortcomings...
There’s definitely more than just a shadow of truth there.I think narrowing it down, it’s closer to true that, if they care about others opinions it will soak through every part of their mtnbiking experience. The ones that get good replace the excuses with questions and concentrate on the ride, not the look. Not to say there aren’t people who are naturally stylish but there are definitely many trying way too hard.

·
slow
7,041 Posts
Part of me is insecure enough that I don't want to set high expectations of my riding speed or ability by showing up on a fancy matchy bike with matchy clothes and then be labeled as a poser once I'm on the trail.
The other part of me sees my bikes and clothes merely as function over form tools chosen to best accomplish my objectives. As long as the bikes function well for my use and as long as the clothes are comfortable and wick moisture away, it doesn't really matter what they look like.

·
Registered
6,769 Posts
Part of me is insecure enough that I don't want to set high expectations of my riding speed or ability by showing up on a fancy matchy bike with matchy clothes.
Promise little but deliver alot has served me well in life.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Reactions: sgltrak

·
furker
224 Posts
It bugs me when I have to run mis-matched front and back wheels. I'd never wear two different shoes on each foot. It just doesn't feel right, even if it technically works fine.

I feel the same way about badly clashing riding gear. It doesn't have to match, but it doesn't feel right if stuff obviously clashes.

I also like to match kashima shocks with kashima forks, but I'd never wear kashima lycra shorts to match.

·
Pro Crastinator
11,282 Posts
my bikes all started with matching wheels and brakes. but over time as things exploded and bikes started getting canabalized, none of my bikes have matching wheels or brakes except my roadie because they won't fit my other bikes...

·
Registered
4,111 Posts
One of you guys look like him. Don't tease that guy since you will become him

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
889 Posts
We have a running joke with one of the guys in our group, that it looks like Martha Stewart's color wheel puked on him. Red helmet, bright orange back pack, neon yellow gloves and a bike with three different colors of green (nice job Cannondale). He frequently sports a black, teal and pink jersey or a red, blue and black jersey.

Really, we don't care, but the ball-busting continues!

61 - 75 of 75 Posts