Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

41 - 60 of 75 Posts

·
Disgruntled Peccary
1,653 Posts
imho if you are gonna be matchy matchy you better be real f**'n fast up and down hills
As long as you're not riding around on your road bike with a while and red polka dot jersey.... meh

·
Out spokin'
In cog? Neato!
11,917 Posts
Tangential: whenever I see a rider wearing a FF helmet in a blue/green trail system, I think, “they’re either a really GOOD rider or a really BAD rider.”

90% of the time it’s the latter. Sorry if this offends anyone but regardless, it’s my experience.

I guess they should be wearing a FF helmet in either case.
=sParty

·
Registered
6,769 Posts
I've seen intermediate riders move to a full face after smacking their head really good once. I think the reality is at a hard enough impact a concussion or head injury is inevitable regardless of your helmet.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

·
Disgruntled Peccary
1,653 Posts
The irony is, I've hurt myself more on easier trails I'm really familiar with. Mostly because I've become lazy or complacent on that day ;)

Maybe I should just always wear a helmet :D

Reactions: Shark

·
Registered
4,111 Posts
I might get a red cape to match my red outfit & speedo.

Super cool

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
453 Posts
We have a somewhat local rider who always wears a cape.

She sends it better than most adults. :LOL:

·
CEO Product Failure
1,646 Posts
No matching to the bike unless I get $pon$ored.

Wearing a full kit? yes, if its race day or training with the team, I wear the kit.

Otherwise its whatever I'm in the mood for. Most of my jerseys are souvenirs from events/races and road trips/vacations. I typically ride with black shorts--baggies up until 90F heat, then just tights.

·
jcd's best friend
3,008 Posts
My last mountain bike was pink so um yeah...I'm not wearing pink too. Picard might do it though!

·
Registered
6,769 Posts
I might get a red cape to match my red outfit & speedo.

Super cool

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
I'd go with a nice butt tassel.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

·
Wanna ride bikes?
8,664 Posts
What's your opinion on matching your bike to your gear and clothes?
No. Just no.

(But seriously good question and thanks for asking it. Also turned out to be an entertaining thread.)

To continue the conversation, I'd hate to end up riding the bike that this kit matches. I still can't figure out what pedals those sandals clip in to?

Reactions: MOJO K and Shark

·
Self Appointed Judge&Jury
38,066 Posts
I just buy and wear black shorts. Every color top goes well with black shorts. Socks I wear funky colors to add a bit of pizzazz.
Beat me to it. My main go to is black shorts that have some red trim. My main go to jersey is black grey. My helmet is white / grey and my gloves are black / red.

My main bike is red / black / silver.

I guess I’m unconsciously matchy - matchy with my bike but no real bright colors other than red. It helps that my previous long time bike was red as well so most of my old clothes match the bike. Still I’m mainly black in clothes other than some trim.

·
EAT MORE GRIME
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
6,199 Posts

·
well mannered lout
3,106 Posts
Everybody should do what they want. If you like matching kit go for it. If the question is what's fashionably acceptable, I haven't a clue. If my shoes match each other I take it as a win.

·
well mannered lout
3,106 Posts
No. Just no.

(But seriously good question and thanks for asking it. Also turned out to be an entertaining thread.)

To continue the conversation, I'd hate to end up riding the bike that this kit matches. I still can't figure out what pedals those sandals clip in to?

View attachment 1928225
I’ve always liked this photo. Some parts of the world people are fanatics about bike racing and it’s great that they can get silly over it. We could use a dose of that here in the States.

41 - 60 of 75 Posts